David R. Bones - Vice PresidentLos Angeles / Phoenix
David has authored over 50 expert reports and provided expert testimony in disputes, including depositions, arbitrations, jury trials and mediations. He is experienced in managing large project teams, including being the lead on a solvency team on one of the largest fraudulent conveyance cases in US history. David has had the opportunity to work on several matters in excess of US$1 billion and has provided testimony on matters in excess of US$100 million.
David is skilled in a wide-range of services, including lost profits, lost wages, business valuations, construction disputes, fund/asset tracing, financial condition and solvency analyses for clients in Asia, North America and South America. He has worked on a variety of client sectors and project types, including automotive, buildings, healthcare, oil and gas, power and utilities and specialty finance.
Prior to joining HKA, David provided litigation consulting services for an international consulting firm, and also worked as a Senior Analyst in the corporate finance group of a major US airline.
David holds a Bs Finance, a UCLA Extension in Accounting and is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA). He is a member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Client and Industry Experience
David has consulted on behalf of Fortune 500 companies and others in various industries, including mining, gaming, energy, real estate development, homebuilding, shipbuilding, manufacturing, software, healthcare (hospital and insurance), grocery, automotive, transportation, specialty finance (subprime mortgage and auto), non-profit, financial institutions, and agriculture.
- Overview of Financial Statement Analysis and Commercial Damages – CLE Presentation to Sanders & Parks, P.C.; October 2014.
- Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc; Causation Issues to Consider in Damages Analyses – CLE Presentation to Tiffany & Bosco, P.A.; November 2014.
- Working with Expert Witnesses and Consultants: Ten Steps to Success – CLE Presentation to Bryan Cave LLP; March 2015.
- The CityCenter Litigation: Strategies for Dealing with Mega-Project Litigation and Adapting Those Strategies for Smaller Cases – CLE Presentation to the Construction SuperConference; December 2015.
- Mega-Project Dispute and Lessons Learned – CLE Presentation to AACE; February 2016.
- The CityCenter Litigation: The Use of Technology in Construction Litigation – CLE Presentation to the Nevada State Bar Construction Section; October 2016.
- Nevada Civil Practice Manual Co-Author of Chapter Regarding Expert Witnesses; October 2016.